Monday, October 26, 2009

Am I waiting to Start?

Wow, its been over three months now. I can hardly believe it!

This point of my excursion reminds me of the month before the end of the semester; the part where you know your time will sooner than later be coming to a close and you have to start thinking about what your plans for after its all over will be. Its like my time in Argentina has been a semester at school and now I have to make plans for summer, except when it all ends I'll be going back to an endless summer - which in my case will be starting in mid December. "The Rest of My Life", right? Wait, I thought that was what graduation was supposed to usher you in to? I feel like I've postponed it for five months by flying off to Argentina. Maybe its the lack of an income. The thing about an income is that it makes you feel independent, like your life is finally yours. Even though I've been living thousands of miles away from my family, paying rent, and making all decisions on my own, I still feel like my adult life hasn't "started" yet.

I wonder if maybe its the kind of thing that doesn't actually "start", just one day you look back and realize you're in the middle of it... or the end. I think if its going to be like that then it would be quite easy to never start the life that you wanted to because you were always waiting to do certain things until your life "started". I know that's how I do things - If I know I will be doing something temporarily, I want to wait until its over before I begin my "routine", because ya know, you can't mess up the routine. If I keep waiting for my life to "start" to start focusing on what I want to do who knows how long it will be before I do them?

Then again, I could just wait until I get back to the States... Its only a month and a half away. What's a month in a life?



Could mean a lot.

3 comments:

  1. It's definetly one of those things where you just wake up and find yourself in the middle of it. Don't wait for it to start, because it already has. Age will never define you, unless you tell it to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April - I love you! I love that you thought enough about it to put it into words! Said wonderfuly by the way. I agree with Amber, you figure it out when your in the middle of it. Looking forward to seeing you in person again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are already on your road. All of these experiences will be part of what happens next. The Lord leads, we follow. Trust that is what is happening.

    Looking forward to seeing you.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete